1. Onboarding and FAQ's
  2. Getting started at Etpa

BTW entrepotvergunning

Why does a Dutch participant needs to have a BTW entrepotvergunning/VAT depot permit for trading on our platform and how can you request this?

A BTW entrepot/VAT depot is required for Etpa and the participant to trade energy without VAT incurring on the traded amounts. You can find more information about the VAT depot permit on the website of the Belastingdienst.

A participant needs to request a BTW Entrepotvergunning/VAT Depot Permit at the Dutch Belastingdienst. This needs to be done by mail for which our example letter can be used. This example letter can be found here.

Please be aware that the VAT depot permit request procedure can take up to six weeks.